Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bunnies are getting neutered! But guinea pigs have been fighting...

Bunnies Nibbles and Summer have just left the house to be neutered. My sister took them as I've got work in an hour. They had their breakfast pellets and as rabbits do not vomit, they are allowed food before the surgery. Their carry case had a whole pile of meadow hay at the bottom for them to nibble and I made a mix of timothy hay, alfafa,  clover, plantain leaves and some meadow herbs for them to eat after surgery at the vets. They also got a small bag of pellets as a treat.

At Rabbit.org they have a decent faq on spaying and neutering of rabbits. It's got information such as what questions to ask your vet, pre- and post-surgery advice and the benefits of neutering and spaying.

The guinea pigs have gone too as I think they had a fight yesterday when I was at work, Peanut must have taken a chunk out of Butter's nose. It's very sad as when I got back, they kept sizing each other up and in the end we decided to separate them in the cage. This morning, they had not fought when put back together again and it was decided that they should be kept together for the journey to the vets as pigs are less stressed when put together. I just hope they won't fight after. Anyone know if pigs can get along after they had a fight that's serious enough to draw blood?

No comments:

Post a Comment